Pannoramic DESK II DW
3DHISTECH is launching its next generation Pannoramic DESK digital slide-scanner capable of scanning single and double-width slides.
The new Pannoramic DESK model is an affordable slide scanner for use in the field of research, education and clinical routine diagnosis. It is a simple and easy tool for fresh frozen slide analysis. It can be used as a high speed whole slide scanner or a live-view digital microscope.
- Affordable, very high quality scanner
- Single and double wide glass slide scan
- High speed scan
- Compact design
- High Resolution
3DHISTECH is continuously developing and improving the performance of its Pannoramic products to be able to provide the fastest and largest scale whole slide scanners for the digital pathology market.
- New 5 MP CMOS image recording components
- New multichannel LED brightfield light source
- New X-Y-Z stage design capable of load double wide (DW) slides
- Upgraded computer resources
- Double-width or standard glass slide / fresh frozen tissue scan
- Compact Design: (27 cm x 50 cm x 25.5 cm; 11 kg)
- Multilayer Z-stack scan with extended focus
- Versatile scan area selection or automated tissue area identification
- High speed scan: high resolution and high speed at the same time
- Multichannel LED light source
- Extended focal range due to the new X-Y-Z stage
- 5MP High Resolution CMOS Camera, high native resolution image 80x
- Scan Quality Check
- Scan Events Logging
- Live Image Navigation (Live view digital microscopy)
Software version: Pannoramic Scanner 1.23 or higher
The new slide holder supports the double-width slides (width: 50.0 to 51.0 mm). A slide adapter is used for standard slides. Doublewidth slide scan requires license. A built-in sensor automatically detects whether a standard slide in slide adapter or a double-width slide is loaded.
The 4MP CIS camera has been replaced with a new 5MP CMOS high performance image capture camera offering 20% faster scanning speed compared to the same native optical resolution Pannoramic DESK model with 4MP CIS camera. Now the imaging part has been further improved by introducing the multichannel LED light source with a monochrome camera. Thanks to the monochrome camera, higher quantum efficiency is achieved.
The new Pannoramic DESK II DW model offers lower cost of ownership – due to longer life cycle and lower costs of operation - compared to any previous Pannoramic DESK models. It represents the most affordable brightfield scanner technology.
Improved optical performance - new brightfield light source
Having introduced the new Multichannel RGB LED wideband light source developed by 3DHISTECH, the color field of view is created by sequentially recording 3 images by RED, GREEN and BLUE wavelength transmitted light. High quality optical filters are used with the combination of wide spectrum white LEDs to create the wideband RED, GREEN and BLUE channels. Wideband RED, GREEN and BLUE light source components provide professional color fidelity and white balance.
• Ideal white balance
• While Halogen lamps are spectrally week in blue wavelength
• Blue channel had to be amplified electronically
• Amplified blue channel resulted more spectrum noise.
• The Multichannel wideband LED light source
• The intensity of the RGB channels are calculated by computer according to the applied camera sensor’s spectral sensitivity
• Spectral noise is equally low in all channels.
New X-Y-Z stage
Pannoramic DESK II DW is available in four different native magnification/resolution options varying two different objectives and two different adapters:
The following native magnification options are available:
• the improved X-Y-Z stage for all Pannoramic scanners,
• the empowered scanner control unit for all Pannoramic scanners,
• the latest designs of image recording components embedded and
• the series of new functionality,
all Pannoramic scanners are becoming more and more user friendly, more laboratory workflow oriented, and more powerful digital pathology tools with the best cost-performance ratio.